29 February 2008

movie game

i took this from mandy and val's blogs... i had fun finding the quotes =) hope they are somewhat familiar!!

Movie meme

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them in your journal (BLOG!) for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it's guessed.
5. NO GOOGLING / using IMDb search functions.

1. Happy, smile. Sad, frown. Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion. But no. You want this mysterious... French Kiss (jenn)

2. What do you know? You build flying machines and you walk on water, and yet you know *nothing* about life! Ever After (val)

3. 'Cos that's how true love creates its beautiful agony. All splendid lovers had just dreadful times! Er, Pelias and Melisande, Daphnis and Chloƫ. History's just jammed with stories of lovers parted by some silly thing!

4. Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck. Aladdin (jenn/matt)

5. Guys, a woman's purse, alright, it's her secret source of power. Alright? There are many dark and dangerous things in there, that we, the male species, should know nothing about. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (jenn)

6. Ask your girlfriend. She's the one who's calling all the shots now. She won't shut up. National Treasure (mandy)

7. The Godfather answers all of life's questions. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli." You've Got Mail (mandy)

8. If his unpleasant wounding has in some way enlightened the rest of you as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life and inspired you to change your ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory. We should all be so fortunate. You say poor Toby? I say poor us. Gone in 60 Seconds (jenn)

9. Petrie, do not feel sad. It is alright. Many things cannot fly. Rocks, trees, sticks, Spike... Land Before Time (tracy)

10. Quick, what's the number for 911? Little Rascals (autumn)

11. Oh, sod a dog. I've made the wrong decision, haven't I? Notting Hill (mandy)

12. You love the Red Sox, but have they ever loved you back? Fever Pitch (val)

13. A rolling stone gathers no moss / So you're leaving with your antacids and floss / Our hair we may toss / But we are at a loss / Because you are the world's best boss. Two Weeks Notice (tracy)

14. ...let me persuade you to follow my example and take a turn about the room. It's so refreshing. Pride and Prejudice (esther)

15. I'm pond scum. Well, lower actually. I'm like the fungus that feeds on pond scum.

14 comments:

Mandy said...

7. You Got Mail
11. Notting Hill
15. My Best Friend's Wedding

There are a few others that are on the tip of my tongue...

Anonymous said...

11 and 15 were the only ones I knew, plus 14 is Pride and Prejudice

Bitter Mom said...

#2 - Ever After
#12 - Fever Pitch

#5 & #6 are so right on the tip of my tongue. And Mandy stole the others I knew...

Mandy said...

oohooh...is #6 National Treasure?

nelly said...

doing good!! mandy yes to #6 =) wal, #5 think matthew mc... can't think how to spell his last name!

Luke's mommy said...

#1 French Kiss
#4 Aladin
#5 How to loose a guy in 10 days
#6 Gone in 60 seconds (?)

Tracy said...

9. The Land Before Time
(I love the line "I flied?" "No, you falled")
13. Two Weeks' Notice

Anonymous said...

#4 - Aladdin

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the central station video, I wish I could take credit for it! It was done by a group called improv everywhere. You can see more of their stuff on youtube.com

Luke's mommy said...

Is #6 right? I guessed gone in 60 seconds.

Bitter Mom said...

Luke's Mommy - yes, it's Gone in 60 Seconds. :)

nelly said...

sorry jenn =) #6 is national treasure, BUT #8 is gone in 60 seconds! so i'll put that one up for you!!

Luke's mommy said...

Oops. I ment to put #8. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

number 10 is from Little Rascals I believe!