27 February 2008

earthquake!

we had an earthquake in the night! what fun =) it was very minor for us and we didn't feel anything, just heard the wardrobe door handles shake. i had been up with noah then gone to the bathroom, and i said to andy maybe it was just me as i walked past?
'are you sure' he asked me?
'no, but i don't think there is anyone else here' i replied!
it was just past 1am i think. but lo and behold on the radio in the morning, they were talking about it! it was 5.3 on the richter scale, the 2nd biggest in britain since 1984. but it was based up in lincolnshire which is why we didn't actually feel it. so weird though! there was one back in 2003 that we actually felt and heard as it was within the west midlands (our county)... here is the article off of the bbc =)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I thought about you when I heard there was an earthquake in the UK. So you did feel it! We had an earthquake in HK, but I only felt it after I saw the Christmas tree swaying behind me. Needless to say, I bolted out of my apartment building!

Poor Micah! I hope he feels better!!