13 June 2008

A Long Night

We arrived at the hospital at 10pm, but didn't go to the delivery suite until just after midnight.

From then until Jonah was born just before 6, Janelle had contractions almost every 3 minutes. The only way she could get some comfort was to kneel on the bed, but after being like that for an hour or so, her knees got sore.

She did very well though, and in true Janelle style only used gas and air.

With Micah and Noah, her waters broke early on in the labour, but with this one, they didn't break until 10 minutes before Jonah was born.

Mother and Baby are fed and watered and resting in the ward. I've come home, and now I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Happy Father's Day Andy!

Sending Much Love over the pond!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo excited for you all! another boy!! three boys wow :)

i love u so very much

~jen laferty

Luke's mommy said...

congrats!!!! he is beautiful and I LOVE the name : )

Anonymous said...

Amazing news! Congrats to you all! He is beautiful! xx

Anonymous said...

Horray!!! Welcome Jonah! Beautiful! I can't wait to meet you!!

Mel