24 January 2007

book party

so i was all on my own yesterday as andy was speaking down in malvern. when he does that, he doesn't come home after school, he just heads straight down.

i cleaned and cleaned the whole day, well atleast while i wasn't taking care of the boys...feeding, changing, keeping them occupied?! i didn't think i'd be able to get the boys into bed before 8 when my book party was suppose to start. but thankfully, micah didn't take a nap in the day (not for lack of trying on my part)! so micah fell asleep at 7:15 =) heavenly! i took noah downstairs with me as he had only been awake for 2 hours so it wasn't quite time for a bed. micah woke up at quarter to 8 and i decided to put noah down then as well, so i went back and forth between each room and by 8:05 they were both asleep!! it was awesome!

but by this point i thought that i was the biggest loser as it was just past 8 and no one had showed up for my book party...sadness =( here i was with this very clean downstairs (notice that i didn't say house!!) books all around my front room, and not a soul in sight. i was ready to have a pity party! but alas, i heard voices outside and 2 of my neighbors were walking up the walk with 2 boys in tow!! i was so excited!

then andy got home just before they left so we were able to make the introductions and all is well! now i just need to figure out how to make my neighbors into friends...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi - good to see some of the lastest pics and keep up to date with your goings-on.

Glad you had some neighbours eventually arrive at your book party - to make use of your clean downstairs!

nelly said...

thanks simon! its good to see that atleast someone is reading my blog!!

and now i just need to figure out a way to get the upstairs clean too!!

Unknown said...

I read your blog now! And I totally would have come to your book party (if not for the ocean). sounds fun. glad the boys cooperated. keep my posted on steve eccles. and tell andy that devon had a little girl this morning! ral

domestic goddess said...

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)