05 September 2006

what an afternoon!

did i say that noah is generally a happy baby?? well not this afternoon! he did so well with his shots, then all afternoon, he cried. and i mean REALLY cried! i was mostly calm, trying to feed him, not working. tried a bottle, didn't like it. pushed him in the stroller, back and forth, back and forth...okay, 20 minutes he slept! then, crying! OMG
then micah wouldn't take a nap, just wanted to watch bean (aka. veggie tales)! finally took noah upstairs and layed on the bed with him and tried feeding him again...was okay till micah came up whinning and wanting me to hold him b/c he was tired! started noah off again!
finally, got him settled, cleared off the glider chair and sat with him and rocked back and forth and he sat quietly with me, then i fed him some more and laid him down in the moses basked and off he went! to sleep that is! ahh, bliss!
came downstairs with micah and tried to get him to sleep on the couch even...nothing! so we played with his trains until daddy came home. i made dinner for us all, then i made my escape!! i had a bottle prepared for noah when he woke up and i grabbed my purse and bus pass and left for the evening!! well, ok maybe just 2 hours!! but i did it! no baby, no toddler, no push chair, no diaper bag....nothing! just me and myself and it was totally wonderful!!! i felt human again =)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I just cringe when they go through those I am so tired that I will just cry stages.

I have had a couple with Gracie that it wears me out in the end.

I am glad he calmed down and slept.